Posts Tagged ‘Office365’
In case you are going stir crazy like I am with a mid-week holiday just as the year is getting started. I wanted to share three great articles with everyone to read about Office 365 & ADFS.
Have you come across any others recently that are helpful and worthwhile to share?
- The #Office365 Client Access Policy Builder for #ADFS – http://awe.sm/a0bwe
- Useful UI customizations when using #ADFS with #Office365 http://awe.sm/d0cCr
- Good walk through of using #ADFS Claim rules with #Office365 – http://awe.sm/n04Uo
Ok… one more…
Finally – you can use #Shibboleth with #ADFS to provide access to #Office365 – http://awe.sm/f0X6I
Have a happy 4th!
I just published my first technet wiki…
I would say as a MSFT employee but I never posted one prior to joining Microsoft (although I encourage you to participate in the wiki). The topic is on dial-in conferencing in Office 365. For those of you that are not familiar with what the Dial-In Conferencing feature entails, it allows Lync Online tenants to integrate with third party dial-in conferencing providers. This enables meetings that are scheduled inside of Lync Online to have a dial-in number that people on a PSTN line can dial into. It also allows the meeting organizer or authenticated user to dial-out from the meeting to a PSTN line. This is an important aspect of using Lync Online as a primary means for meeting organization and participation as so many meetings require people to dial in from PSTN lines instead of use only Lync or SIP devices.
Don’t forget… The User Group Meeting is tomorrow!
With Exchange Online and Exchange On-Prem both penetrating the marketplace more equally, I see more requests for information about how to make the two integrate or work together between companies and in M&A situations. Luckily the Exchange team is on top of it as usual and have put together a nice matrix that covers all of the scenarios… Here is a sample screen shot, the full document goes into more detail – Download the EHLO Exchange Calendar Sharing Matrix!
Thanks to Jesper Osgaard for passing the link along.
First up – in the Exchange Online category
- PST Capture - This is the long awaited centralized PST capture and upload tool. More details can be found on the Exchange Team Blog or on Loryan Strant’s blog
Second up – Lync Online Category
- Lync Online Web Scheduler – Of course that link assumes you are a Lync Online subscriber, if you aren’t go check out the details on the Office Blog
- Lync Conversation Analyzer - definitely a must have for those interested in how effective their communications are.
- Lync Information Dashboard - international team? Another must have!
- Lync Conversation Translator - not to be confused with the analyzer above, this is a translator
- Lync Adoption and Training Kit - the neverending need to train people to use the new tools.
- Lync How-To Training - Yes more training!!
Don’t fret regarding those last two, training people to use new modes of communication is the norm. In fact, when the telephone was introduced ATT had to undertake a HUGE training excercise as evidenced by this video…
Also good to note, RIM is finally supporting o365!!
I promised to blog here for all things UC – so here is the first!! I have a bunch of misc Exchange stuff to blog about, but as Chris and I are planning the next UC meeting about Exchange SP2 & cloud based UC, I thought I would post some Office365 training that I recently attended. It is online, so everyone can attend. It is put on by the TechNet Edge team and is pretty good. It was over three days (so a lot of material) and covers most of the important stuff for Office365! All the links are below, if you only have a limited amount of time, I recommend deploying clients, directory synchronization, hybrid options, and Lync Online Overview.
• Office 365 Jump Start (01): Microsoft Office 365 Overview for IT Pros
• Office 365 Jump Start (02): Deploying Clients for Office 365
• Office 365 Jump Start (03): Microsoft Office 365 Administration & Automation Using Windows PowerShell™
• Office 365 Jump Start (04): Microsoft Office 365 Identity and Access Solutions
• Office 365 Jump Start (05): Microsoft Office 365 Directory Synchronization
• Office 365 Jump Start (06): Exchange Online Overview for IT Pros
• Office 365 Jump Start (07): Microsoft Exchange Online Administration
• Office 365 Jump Start (08): Microsoft Staged Exchange Online Migration
• Office 365 Jump Start (09): Hybrid Options with Exchange Server & Exchange Online
• Office 365 Jump Start (10): Exchange Online Archiving & Compliance
• Office 365 Jump Start (11): Lync Online Overview & Configuration for IT Pros
• Office 365 Jump Start (12): SharePoint Online Overview
• Office 365 Jump Start (13): SharePoint Online Administration
• Office 365 Jump Start (14): SharePoint Online Extensibility & Customization
• Office 365 Jump Start (15): Office 365 Deployment Overview